At MUSE, children drive the curriculum. Early Childhood Education (ECE) teachers listen closely to everything from whispers at an imaginary tea party to the shouts of castle builders working in the play yard. These observations, combined with a student's input, create the basis for our unique approach to curriculum, which we call Passion Based Learning
. It is the children's ideas - their passions - that guide the individual and classroom projects.
Our goal is to discover and deeply understand your child-what they love and how they learn best.
MUSE ECE students are introduced to beginning literacy, math, and science concepts. Students also have weekly enrichment courses led by specialists in World Languages, Music, Art, Fitness, Movement, and Seed to Table
Gardening. Our rich Outdoor Education program is also introduced.
MUSE's ECE program offers:
- Full-year program (September-June) for children aged 2.3 to 5 years old
- Daily schedule from 8:30am to 3:00pm
- Differentiated, multi-age instruction
- Parent/Teacher conferences
- Blueprints: documentation of student progress, narratives and developmental milestones
- A nurturing, safe, and warm atmosphere where children learn, play and grow
- Organic lunches and snacks freshly prepared daily by MUSE's chef (included in tuition)